Friday 30 July 2010

Mum Style Icons


I'm really enjoying this blog today, especially the 60s and 70s Mums. What amazing style and hair they had, it's so interesting to explore how other peoples Mum's dressed and looked during those decades. Each Mum had a special style, and a story too.


I'm going to have submit photos of my Mum in the 70s, in her late teens, early twenties... the beautiful clothes she had that I would *love* to have now. And her story.

The author of the website, Piper Weiss, is collecting together these images and stories of Mum's styles, not just for her blog but eventually for a book too due in 2011.

Check out my favourite, the "Red Hot Mama" what a babe!

My Aunt definitely should get a mention too, about 5 years older than my Mum, and definitely rocking it as a teenager in the 60s.

No comments: